This Policy is to be understood by reference to the T140 Dictionary.
What kinds of information do we collect?
1. To provide the System, we must process information about you. The type of information that we collect depends on how you use the System.
Things that you and others do and provide.
2. Information and content you provide. We collect the information you provide when you use the System, including when you sign up for an account and run T140 Events™.
3. Your usage. We collect information about how you use the System, such as the Events you run. For example, we log when you last used the System.
4. Information about transactions made on the System. If you use the System for purchases or other financial transactions we collect information about the purchase or transaction.
5. Things others do and information they provide about you. We also receive and analyse content, communications and information that other people provide when they use the System. This can, but is unlikely to, include information about you.
6. We collect information from the computers, phones, connected TVs and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with the System. Information we obtain from these devices includes:
6.1. Device operations: information about operations and behaviours performed on your devices when using our apps.
6.2. Identifiers: unique identifiers, device IDs and other identifiers.
6.3. Data from device settings: information you allow us to receive through device settings that you turn on, such as access to your GPS location.
6.4. Network and connections: information such as the language, time zone, mobile phone number and IP address so we can do things such as help you use the System.
How do we use this information?
7. We use the information that we have (subject to choices you make) as described below to provide and support the System.
Provide, personalise and improve the System.
8. We use the information that we have to deliver the System. This includes other applications and systems we design and develop to conduct the System.
9. Location-related information: We use location related information – such as your current location to improve and secure the System.
10. Product research and development: We use the information we have to develop, test and improve the System, including by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new products and features.
11. Ads and other sponsored content: We do not use the information we have about you to select or personalise ads, offers and other sponsored content.
Promoting safety, integrity and security.
12. We use the information that we have about you to verify accounts and activity, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad experiences, maintain the integrity of the System, and promote safety and security on and off of the System. For example, we use data that we have to investigate suspicious activity or violations of our Terms or Policies, or to detect when someone needs help.
Communicate with you.
13. We use the information that we have to communicate with you about the System and let you know about our Policies and Terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
Researching and innovating for social good.
14. We use the information we have (including from research partners we collaborate with) to conduct and support research and innovation on topics of general social welfare, technological advancement, public interest, health and well-being.
How is this information shared?
15. Your information is shared with others is only that shared by the System which are the details of your venue and the codes you offer.
16. Public information can be seen by anyone, on or off the System, including if they don't have an account.
17. If the ownership or control of all or part of the System or its assets change, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
We do not sell your data.
18. We don't sell any of your information to anyone and we never will. We also impose strict restrictions on how our others can use and disclose the data we provide.
19. We provide aggregated statistics to Sanctioning Bodies and T140® contractors.
20. We share information about you with companies that aggregate it to provide analytics and measurement reports to T140®.
T140 Clubs™ and T140 Players™.
21. When you register in the System, we provide information and content to T140 Clubs™ and T140 Players™ respectively about you as the case may be.
Researchers and academics.
22. We also provide information and content to research partners and academics to conduct research that advances scholarship and innovation that supports our business and enhances discovery and innovation on topics of general social welfare, technological advancement, public interest, health and well-being.
Law enforcement or legal requests.
23. We share information with law enforcement or in response to legal requests in the circumstances outlined below.
How can I manage or delete information about me?
24. We provide you with the ability to access, rectify, and delete your data.
25. We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services, or until your account is deleted – whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things such as the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs.
26. When you delete your account, we delete your personal data. To delete your account at any time, please use the Contact Us feature on the website.
How do we respond to legal requests or prevent harm?
We access, preserve and share your information with regulators, law enforcement or others as follows: -
27. In response to a legal request (e.g. a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good-faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of Australia when we have a good-faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction and is consistent with internationally recognised standards.
28. When we have a good-faith belief that it is necessary to detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorised use of the System, breaches of our Terms or Policies, or other harmful or illegal activity, to protect ourselves (including our rights, property or Products), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory enquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, if relevant, we provide information to and receive information from third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud, abuse and other harmful activity on and off the System.
29. Information that we receive about you (including financial transaction data related to purchases made on the System) can be accessed and preserved for an extended period when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation or investigations of possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also retain information from accounts disabled for terms breaches for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other terms breaches.
How do we operate and transfer data as part of our global services?
30. We share information globally within T140®. Your information may, for example, be transferred or transmitted to, or stored and processed in Australia or other countries outside of where you live for the purposes as described in this Policy. These data transfers are necessary to globally operate and provide the System to you. We utilise standard contract clauses, rely on the European Commission's adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable, and obtain your consent for these data transfers to Australia and other countries.
How will we notify you of changes to this Policy?
31. We'll notify you before we make changes to this Policy and give you the opportunity to review the revised Policy before you choose to continue using the System.
How to contact us with questions
32. If you have questions about this policy, you can contact us as described below.
You can contact us by email at Privacy.Officer@T140.com or by writing to: -
T140 Pty Ltd.
Unit 2504, 19 Frome Street
Attention: Privacy Officer
Date of last revision: September 17, 2023